Thursday, January 29, 2009

Summer is almost here


Got this picture by email yesterday with the caption: Summer is almost here ...we can now see the deer moving around. Yep, won't be long.

It made me laugh out loud. Especially receiving it in the wake of taking 2-1/2 hours to get to the movie theatre because Toronto was snowed under yesterday.

Hubby and I won tickets to an advance screening of New in Town with Robert Downey Jr. and Renee Zellwenger. It was a nice, light comedy with an ambience that falls half-way between Fargo and Bridgid Jones's Diary. We had some laughs and generally enjoyed it. The movie wasn't a barnburner but amusing enough that we still like it today. Sometimes a 24-hour period can alter an entertainment opinion.

I burnt the palm of my hand today. I took a pan out of the oven with a good, heavy towel and set it down on top of the stove. While I was taking out the contents, the pan shifted too close to the edge of the stove. Due to having the short-term memory of a gnat, I forgot it was hot and grabbed it by the stainless steel handle to move it back. For 2 hours, the pain was excruciating. I took a strong pain killer and kept the burn cold. After melting 3 cold packs and a zip lock bag full of ice cubes, I made a paste out of baking soda and coated my hand. Eventually, the a pain abated and I am now able to use it. Hubby got me some spray, topical, antibacterial anesthesia from the drug store. I highly recommend Bactine to keep around for burn first aid. It really takes the pain away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments that exceed the barrier of good taste will be deleted. I reserve the right to arbitrarily decide.