Sunday, January 25, 2009

Racial assault by police











My home page had the following CBC news article link posted. B.C. man alleges assault and racial abuse by 3 off-duty police officers.

Phil Khan says he was beaten because he did not provide immediate help to a man who asked for directions. (CBC). I am ashamed to call myself Canadian when I read news like this. What is even more shockimg is the Comment section.

This angers me on so many levels! I hate racism. I hate violence. I hate bureaucracies that deal with things in their own way instead of applying the law.

How very convenient for those police officers that their names are hidden from the light of day. Too bad every citizen does not have that choice when arrested.

And...is suspension WITH pay supposed to be a punishment? That sounds suspiciously like a vacation to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments that exceed the barrier of good taste will be deleted. I reserve the right to arbitrarily decide.