Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The best present


The only thing on my wish list this holiday was a goat. My best friend donated one in my name from Plan Canada.

I watched a documentary in October called Where's My Goat? and it moved me deeply.

It features Christopher Richardson, who buys goats for third world families as thank-you gifts for clients. Some clients questioned the existence of their goat so Christopher decided to track down a client’s goat and discover for himself if ethical gifts are the positive, developing world, life-changers they are advertised to be.

I had no idea how a gift of a goat had such a profound impact on an impoverished family. I encourage everyone to watch the full documentary, if you get the opportunity. And...donate a goat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments that exceed the barrier of good taste will be deleted. I reserve the right to arbitrarily decide.