Sunday, July 19, 2009

10 vintage film stumbles

The thumbnails are screenshots from the respective animations at YouTube and GUBA. Along with the 10 vintage films, you might want to view the animation timeline compiled by Animazing at the following link: The History of Animation




Felix the Cat in Hollywood (1923)






Little Rascals - School's Out (1930)






Betty Boop - Jack and the Beanstalk (1931)






Mickey's Orphans (1931)





Piano Tooners (1932)





Popeye - I Yam What I Yam(1933)





A Fireman's Life(1933)



The Old Mill Pond (1936) - Cab Calloway, Ethel Waters, Fats Waller, Bill "Bojangles" Robinson, Mills Brothers, Stepin Fetchit, Louis Armstrong




A Ride for Cinderella(1937)





Mother Goose Goes to Hollywood (1938)

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for participating in my calendar giveaway. I am happy to let you know that you are one of the winners! Could you please send me your address? (contact@anaaceves.com)
    All the best, Ana :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice finds. I am a sucker for Chuck Jones cartoons myself.

    ReplyDelete

Any comments that exceed the barrier of good taste will be deleted. I reserve the right to arbitrarily decide.